WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Zakir-Naik - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Zakir-Naik > Topics

Subject: Zakir's statement about Yazeed
Replies: 33 Views: 24233

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:22pm
This is in reference to a question and answer session in a recent programme on 2nd Dec. 2007 by Dr. Zakir Naik. One of the Non Muslim questioners posed a question with regards to the battle of Karbala and Yazeed, to which Dr. Zakirs response evoked strong criticism from a certain group of the Muslim community because he said May Allah be pleased with him after the name of Yazeed and referred to Karbala as a political war. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:24pm
1. A minority of the minority community i.e. the KSI (Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat) blew this issue out of proportion thinking that they caught Dr. Zakir on the wrong-foot. They thought that the whole of Muslim Ummah had a unanimous opinion against Yazeed. However, they did not know that there is a difference of opinion in the Ummah regarding Yazeed. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:26pm
Irrespective of the difference of opinion on this issue in Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah yet it is unanimously agreed that one can say RadhiAllahu Anhu (May Allah be please with him) for Yazeed. As you are aware that Dr. Zakir has a large fan following from all the sects of Muslim Ummah including Isna Ashari, Khojas, Bohris etc. The Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat could not tolerate the Shias getting influenced by Dr. Zakirs talks. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:27pm
Desperate attempts were made to instigate the whole of Muslim Ummah against Dr. Zakir Naik by publicizing the matter in all possible manners.The Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat in Mumbai is misleading the masses by making it appear as though Dr. Zakir Naik has made Yazeed into a Hero. Infact Yazeed is not a Hero for Dr. Zakir Naik. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:29pm
2. In order to maintain the unity in the Muslim Ummah, Dr. Zakir Naik expresses his sincere regret and said, I regret if unintentionally any person or section of the peoples feelings have been hurt due to any statement made by me. He also does the same while giving dawah to Christians and Hindus. He regrets hurting the Muslims unintentionally but that does not mean what he has said is wrong. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:32pm
3. Any knowledgeable Muslim whenever he takes the name of any 'Sahabah' (companions of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)) or Taba'een (next generation after the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)) his name is followed by RadiAllahu Anhu (May Allah be pleased with him) or Rahmatullahi Alaih (May Allahs mercy be on him). *

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:43pm
Neither did Dr. Zakir praise Yazeed nor did he curse him. He did not comment on his actions. He only said 'Yazeed (May Allah be pleased with him)' since he does not consider Yazeed to be a Kafir and it is allowed to pray for the believers as Abraham (pbuh) too prayed for all the believers in the Glorious Quran - 14:41. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:46pm
4. The Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat claims that the whole of Muslim Ummah condemns the statement of Dr. Zakir. Who are the people the Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat mentions as Muslim Ummah? Do the views of the Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat represent the view of the Muslim Ummah? Do they have the fatawas of all the cross section of Muslims, especially the Ahl-e-sunnat-wal-Jamaat, for their stand? If it is only Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat raking up the controversy, then they are misleading the common masses by saying Muslim Ummah.

2. There is a difference of opinion as far as the Muslim scholars are concerned regarding Yazeed. Some are neutral and some are against him. Some are even in favour of Yazeed like the revered scholar Imam Ghazaali. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:49pm
When Imam Ghazaali was asked if it was all right to curse Yazeed, he replied No. He was asked was it all right to say rahimahullah? He said Yes it is Mustahab (highly recommended). [Qaid as Shareed min Akhbar e Yazeed pg 57-59].

Imam Ghazaali further said, Yazeed was a Muslim and when we pray for the Muslims Allhummagfirli Muslimineen was Muslimaat (O Allah forgive the Musilms men and women) he is also included in our prayers. [Qaid as Shareed min Akhbar e Yazeed pg 57-59].

Yazeed was also the commander of the Muslim army, which went to fight the battle of Constantinople, which was predicted by the Prophet (pbuh) himself along with the glad tidings, Paradise will be granted to the first batch of my followers who will undertake a naval operation. [Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 4 Book of Jihad Hadith 2924]. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:50pm
This was a very prominent war as far as the spread of Islam was concerned. There were Sahabah like Hussain Ibn Ali, Abdullah bin Abbas, Ibn Umar and Abu Ayyub Ansari and Abdullah bin Zubair (May Allah be pleased with all of them) who parti ted and fought under the leadership of Yazeed. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 06:52pm
5. As far as the Ahl-e-sunnat-wal-Jamaat is concerned, inspite of the difference of opinion it is agreed upon that it is permissible to say ''May Allah have mercy on him'' or ''May Allah be pleased with him'' for Yazeed. Therefore saying ''May Allah be pleased with him'' after Yazeeds name is not Haraam, nor a sin and is not wrong. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:06pm
This has been reconfirmed recently in writing from various Darul Ulooms and Islamic Organisations in India. Fatawas to clarify and support the above stand. a) Darul Uloom, Deoband. b) Nadwatul Ulema, Lucknow (verbally confirmed on phone, written copy to be received) c) Darul Uloom, Barelwi. d) Jamaat-e-Islami-i-Hind, New Delhi. (verbally confirmed on phone, written copy to be received) e) Darul Uloom Ahmadia Salfia, Darbhanga, Bihar. f) Jamiatul-Ahle-Hadith, New Delhi. g) Aligarh Muslim University. h) Ahmed Raza Khan Barelwi (??) *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:08pm
i) And several others who have confirmed on phone and are expected to be received in the next couple of days. Fatawas from scholars outside India: 1) Shaikh Abdullah Ibn Jibreen (on audio, written copy to be received) 2) Shaikh al Islam Ibn Taymiyah *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:10pm
6. Some people consider 'political war' in a negative sense. By saying Karbala was a political war in no way does it mean that it was not a war for Islam or Justice. Many political wars were fought for the sake of Justice and Islam. Islam is a complete way of life, which also deals with political issues, which should be based on the Quran and Hadith. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:11pm
In his response to the questioner, Dr. Zakir also cited the example of the Battle of Jamal that was fought between the Mother of the Believers, Aaishah (RA) and Ali (RA). The battle took place as a result of difference of opinion on a political issue. We respect and revere both the companions of the prophet (pbuh). However, with regards to the battle of Jamal, we neither favour nor are we against any one of them. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:13pm
7. We disagree with a certain group of Muslims who hurl abuses on Aaishah (R.A.) and do not consider her from the Ahle Bayt i.e. family of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). However, the Quran considers the wives of the Prophet (pbuh) as the members of Ahle Bayt in - 33:32-33. Moreover, even the wife of Abraham (pbuh) is addressed by Allah (swt) as one among the Ahle Bayt of Abraham (pbuh) in the Glorious Quran - 11:72-73.

Furthermore, this same minority Muslim sect also curses the first three caliphs of Islam, Abu Bakr (R.A.), Umar (R.A.) and Uthman (R.A.) as well as the mother of believers Ayesha (R.A.). *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:22pm
8. If Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat tomorrow says dont say ''May Allah be pleased with him'', after the name of Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ummul Mumineen Ayesha (May Allah be pleased with them all) will we stop saying ''May Allah be pleased with them'', after their names? Of course not!

As a whole, the majority of the Muslims condemn the act of anyone cursing any of the companions, including the first three caliphs of Islam as well as Ayesha (R.A.) the wife of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:27pm
9. Dr. Zakir Naik did not curse or criticize any Muslim. This same small minority sect of Muslim curse these revered Caliphs of Islam Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman (May Allah be pleased with them all), and if they do it the whole Muslim Ummah will condemn them.
The Prophet (pbuh) himself said, ''When a man curses anything, the curse goes up to heaven and the gates of heaven are locked against it. Then it comes down to the earth and its gates are locked against it. Then it goes right and left, and if it finds no place of entrance it returns to the thing it was cursed, and if it deserves what was said (it enters it), otherwise it returns to the one who uttered it.'' [Sunan Abu Dawud Vol.3 Book of Manners Hadith 4887]. **
Aaishah (R.A.) reported that the Messenger of Allah said, ''When your companion dies, leave him and do not revile him.'' [Sunan Abu Dawud, Vol.3 Book of Manners Hadith 4881]. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:31pm
Allah will not question us on the Day of Judgement as to why didnt we hurl abuses on Yazeed even if he deserved it, however Allah will surely hold us accountable if we curse anyone unjustly. Our salvation does not depend on the issue of Yazeed as every person is responsible for his or her actions.

Allah says in Surah Baqarah, Chapter No. 2, Verse No. 134 & 141:

141. ''That was a nation who has passed away. They shall receive the reward of what they earned and you of what you earn. And you will not be asked of what they used to do.'' *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:50pm
10. Dr. Zakir Naik holds the grandsons of the Prophet in high respect and whenever he mentions the name of Hassan (R.A.) and Hussain (R.A.) he follows it with RadiAllahu Anhuma (May Allah be pleased with them). Dr. Zakir condemns the person who actually killed Hussain (RadiAllahu Anhu) the grandson of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) whether he was the person from Yazeeds army or someone else. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:52pm
11. Dr. Zakir Naik is held in high regards by millions of Muslims worldwide. There were more than two-hundred thousand people, including Bohras, Shias, Barelwis, Deobandis etc. during his speech and no one amongst them raised the issue, not even a single from more than 20 Islamic scholars from different parts of the world who came to speak at the conference.

This issue has been raised by a few Shias from Pakistan, where raising such kinds of discords are common and later on picked up by the Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat in Mumbai. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:53pm
12. Saying May Allah be pleased with him after Yazeeds name is a minor issue, but cursing the first three caliphs and Ayesha (R.A.) is a much more bigger issue and a grievous sin.

If you make a mountain out of a mole hill because of saying 'May Allah be pleased with him' for Yazeed then is not cursing the first three rightly guided caliphs of Islam and the Mother of Believers, Ayesha (R.A.) a much more grievous sin? We want unity among the Muslim Ummah. Is it proper for the Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat to continue to create unnecessary discord on a 'difference of opinion' amongst Muslims with them? *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:54pm
13. If the Khoja Shia Isna Ashari Jamaat give in writing that they will not curse the first three caliphs Hazrat Abu Bakr, Hazrat Umar, Hazrat Uthman and the Ummul Mumineen Ayesha (May Allah be pleased with them all) InshaAllah Dr. Zakir Naik will never say RadiAllahu Anhu (May Allah be pleased with him) after the name of Yazeed since it is optional. It is not Dr. Zakir Naik who has a difference of opinion regarding Yazeed, but he is aware that as far as the scholars of the Ahl-e-Sunnat-wa-Jamaat are concerned, there is a difference of opinion regarding Yazeed. That is the reason he neither praised him, nor condemned him. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:56pm
Islam believes in fostering unity amongst its followers. We should try to unite the Muslim Ummah rather than creating more divisions. If only all Muslims read the Quran with understanding and adhere to Sahih Hadith, Inshallah most of these differences would be solved and we could be one united Muslim Ummah. The best way to get the Muslims together is given in the following verse: ''And hold fast all together by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you) and be not divided among yourselves;'' [Surah Ale Imran 3:103]. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 07:58pm
This reply is originally by Manzoor Sheikh, administration manager. He replied on behalf of dr. Zakir naik. *

salam05 29.08.08 - 08:11pm
Links 4 fatawa:

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deoband2sb2.jpg ** http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jamaateislamidelhiaj4.jpg ** http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jamiasalfia1cc9.jpg ** http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jamiasalfia2et6.jpg ** http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jamiasalfia3cx5.jpg *

salam05 29.08.08 - 08:13pm
http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jamiasalfia3cx5.jpg ** http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nadwaii1.jpg ** http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=summaryoffatawas1yk4.gif ** http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=summaryoffatawas2xr4.gif ** http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=summaryoffatawas3cn1.gif ETC. *

aliadnan 24.12.09 - 05:12am

These two (Hasan and Husayn) are my sons, and the sons of my daughter. O Allah! I love them both. Please, love them and their lovers.

rather 6.02.10 - 11:30am
Regarding d statement of Dr zakir abt yazeed. I agree with him. Because all of us r not full aware abt yazeed. The reason is that it is mentioned in hadith. The prophet Muhammad saw said, whoever defeats Kastantania. He will enter into the jannah. Who defeated them. It was yazeed and no one else. So it is right to read may Allah peace b on him. *

masood99 27.08.10 - 02:34am
educating more to grls more then graduate master going wrong grls wondering wit non some marying shut *

masood99 27.08.10 - 02:36am
plz mail zakir to stop teling similarities our grls in lov in frndshp wit non ,many grls wondering sc misusing shut *

masood99 27.08.10 - 02:43am
if mus boys even talk to grls hindu they warn one boy mus ran wit hindu grl they enter in his home beten al to family we cant do if they wonder wit our grls jago musalmano kal ke din second hand milegi *

masood99 27.08.10 - 02:50am
stop studying grls in non mus colleges beparda awara ki tarha phirey ye jahanum ki aag se bacho ladkiyo *

khalid9 23.12.10 - 08:31pm
sorry for urdu but jab ke yazeed ne Hussain (as) ko qatal(saheed) kia as per hadith Rasulallah(saw) ne kaha tha ke jo hussain (as)ke khelaf wo mere khilaf gaya to yazeed kayse janati ho gaya jab ke us ne rasulallah ke nawase hussain ko qatal karwaya ??? *

* Zakir-Naik Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Zakir-Naik

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search